Taylor Custom Shop Grand Auditorium Blackwood With Deluxe Ameritage Custom Shop Case.
Tobias Music - Celebrating 35 Years as your hometown Taylor Guitars Dealer
Chicago Area’s Finest Guitars
0% Financing Available (with approved credit) Contact us for details.
Custom Grand Auditorium. Solid premium Tasmanian Blackwood. A custom shop masterpiece from our friends at Taylor Guitars. Shaded edgebust for dramatic looks, along with custom Outline Block fretboard inlay. Flamed Koa binding. And it sounds better than it looks !!
- Beautifully figured Tasmanian Blackwood Top, Back, and Sides w/ Stunning Shaded Edgeburst
- Made in USA
- Grand Auditorium Body Size
- V Class Bracing
- Taylor ES2 Electronics
- Figured Hawaiian Koa Binding
- Koa Rosette
- Sitka V-Class Bracing with Relief Route
- Mahogany/Blackwood/Sapele Back Bracing
- Fingerboard: West African Crelicam Ebony
- Neck: Mahogany
- Headstock Veneer: Crelicam Ebony
Binding: Figured Hawaiian Koa
- Purfling: Fibre (Black/Koa/Black/Maple/Black)
- Rosette: Single Ring Boxwood/Koa
- Taylor Logo: Shell, Mother of Pearl
- Fretboard: Outline Block, Boxwood
- Neck profile: Standard Carve
- Peghead: Standard
- Strings: Elixir Light Gauge PB Acoustic Strings
- Bridge Pins: Crelicam Ebony
- Electronics: ES2
- Case: Ameritage Case, Grey
- Rose Gold Tuners
- 25.5” Scale Length
- 1-3/4” Nut Width
Tasmanian blackwood is an acacia wood species that is sometimes compared to Hawaiian koa, another acacia species. Its tonal range is similar to both koa and mahogany, featuring a strong midrange focus that is dry, clear and warm, with a splash of top-end shimmer and richness comparable to Indian rosewood. The overall volume and projection are strong. Blackwood also is sourced from forests that are responsibly managed, making it a sustainable wood for guitar making.
Goes Well With: Different playing styles, depending on the body style and top pairing. A cedar top will help bring out a springy, woody, warm low end with a rich overtone complement that fingerstylists may really enjoy.
Stock Code - M02800201106630113-20C12