Taylor Custom Shop Grand Auditorium Blackwood With Deluxe Ameritage Custom Shop Case.
Tobias Music - Celebrating 35 Years as your hometown Taylor Guitars Dealer
Chicago Area’s Finest Guitars
Custom Grand Auditorium Rare - Very few offered at the Taylor Guitars Catch Custom Guitar Event.
Very few available.
- Beautifully figured Tasmanian Blackwood Top, Back, and Sides w/ Stunning Shaded Edgeburst.
Made in USA
- Grand Auditorium Body Size
- V Class Bracing
- Taylor ES2 Electronics
- Figured Hawaiian Koa Binding
- Koa Rosette
- Sitka V-Class Bracing with Relief Route
- Mahogany/Blackwood/Sapele Back Bracing
- Fingerboard: West African Crelicam Ebony
- Neck: Mahogany
- Headstock Veneer: Crelicam Ebony
Binding: Figured HawaiianKoa
- Purfling: Fibre (Black/Koa/Black/Maple/Black)
- Rosette: Single Ring Boxwood/Koa
- Taylor Logo: Shell, Mother of Pearl
- Fretboard: Outline Block, Boxwood
- Neck profile: Standard Carve
- Peghead: Standard
- Strings: Elixir Light Gauge PB Acoustic Strings
- Bridge Pins: Crelicam Ebony
- Electronics: ES2
- Case: Ameritage Case, Grey
- Rose Gold Tuners
- 25.5” Scale Length
- 1-3/4” Nut Width
Tasmanian blackwood is an acacia wood species that is sometimes compared to Hawaiian koa, another acacia species. Its tonal range is similar to both koa and mahogany, featuring a strong midrange focus that is dry, clear and warm, with a splash of top-end shimmer and richness comparable to Indian rosewood. The overall volume and projection are strong. Blackwood also is sourced from forests that are responsibly managed, making it a sustainable wood for guitar making.
Goes Well With: Different playing styles, depending on the body style and top pairing. A cedar top will help bring out a springy, woody, warm low end with a rich overtone complement that fingerstylists may really enjoy.
Stock Code - M02800201106630113-20C12